Chalcedony is Free Fusions' interpretation of the fusion of Amethyst and Holly Blue Agate.
Chalcedony has lavender hair and rich blue skin. Her hair is styles into two large pigtails. She has an upturned nose, full lips, four arms and two blue eyes.
She wears Amethyst's top and leggings, but with the boots and collar of Holly Blue.
Ironically, this fusion brings out the best within these two. Fusing helps Holly Blue express more compassion, while Amethyst sees the benefits of order. Chalcedony is benevolent, but forceful. She tries to be peaceful, but will dole out punishment with her electric whip if need be.
Chalcedony possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shapeshifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
- Chalcedony is a cryptocrystalline form of silica, composed of very fine intergrowths of quartz and moganite. These are both silica minerals, but they differ in that quartz has a trigonal crystal structure, while moganite is monoclinic.
- Chalcedony has a waxy luster, and may be semitransparent or translucent. It can assume a wide range of colors, but those most commonly seen are white to gray, grayish-blue or a shade of brown ranging from pale to nearly black.
- The color of chalcedony sold commercially is often enhanced by dyeing or heating.
- The name chalcedony comes from the Latin chalcedonius. It is probably derived from the town Chalcedon in Asia Minor.
- Chalcedony occurs in a wide range of varieties. Many semi-precious gemstones are in fact forms of chalcedony, such as Agate, Aventurine and Heliotrope.