Chalcedony has a bulky build with four muscular arms, large hips and short legs. Her skin is dull purple and she has two bright blue eyes with black pupils, a small nose, and full lips. Her hair is light lavender with stripes of light and cool blue, and it is tied up in two very large ponytails. Her four arms come from her shoulders and are thick and muscular. Her gemstones are on the back of her head and on her chest and are light blue-violet.
She wears a white long tank top with a purple trim and asymmetrical cut and a purple and very dark purple accent at her collar with a white accent as well. She also wears very dark purple leggings and short white boots with purple trims and high heels.
Ironically, this fusion brings out the best within these two. Fusing helps Holly Blue express more compassion, while Amethyst sees the benefits of order. Chalcedony is benevolent, but forceful. She tries to be peaceful, but will dole out punishment with her electric whip if need be.
Chalcedony possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shapeshifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
- Chalcedony is a cryptocrystalline form of silica, composed of very fine intergrowths of quartz and moganite. These are both silica minerals, but they differ in that quartz has a trigonal crystal structure, while moganite is monoclinic.
- Chalcedony has a waxy luster, and may be semitransparent or translucent. It can assume a wide range of colors, but those most commonly seen are white to gray, grayish-blue or a shade of brown ranging from pale to nearly black.
- The color of chalcedony sold commercially is often enhanced by dyeing or heating.
- The name chalcedony comes from the Latin chalcedonius. It is probably derived from the town Chalcedon in Asia Minor.
- Chalcedony occurs in a wide range of varieties. Many semi-precious gemstones are in fact forms of chalcedony, such as Agate, Aventurine and Heliotrope.