Both Rose and Lapis are haunted by their pasts, so their fusion is a physical manifestation of past mistakes. She is a perfect spy, but she is so bitter and jaded she can rarely be persuaded into doing useful work.
Phantom Quartz possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shapeshifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
- Levitation: Phantom Quartz is able to hover in the air.
- Water Sphere Creation: She can create a protective water sphere.
- Invisibility/Transparency: She can become invisible or transparent at her will.
- Past Vision: Her second set of eyes located on her lower set of arms can look into the past of anyone they see, communicating their full history into the mind of Phantom Quartz.
- Hydrokinesis: She has control over Lapis Lazuli's hydrokinesis powers.
- Phantom quartz is a variety of quartz, or "rock crystal", that forms over pre-existing crystals.
- The included crystal is visible due to some variation in composition making the boundary of the included crystal visible.
- Such crystals display the outlines of numerous smaller crystals, known as phantoms.
- Like regular quartz, the chemical composition of phantom quartz is silicon dioxide (SiO2). The available forms of phantom quartz are crystal groups and single crystals used as jewelry pendants.
| Rose Quartz's gemstone is located on their navel. It features a pentagonal facet and is circular in shape.
|Lapis Lazuli's gemstone is located on their back. It is polished and shaped like a teardrop.|